In the second rebuttal period of his debate with David Wood, Mohammed Hijab admitted that the Arabic word used in the Quran to describe Allah praying, namely, salah, actually means du’a:
“And the word actually salah means du’a. This is the root word.” (Trinity or Tawhid? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrNMc0VTDUA&t=37s)
Herein lies the problem for this dawagandist. Du’a is simply the word used for invocation or supplication. And according to certain allegedly sound reports attributed to Muhammad, du’a is the very heart of Muslim worship:
16 The Book of DU’A (SUPPLICATIONS)
An-Nu’man bin Bashir reported: The Prophet said, “DU’A (SUPPLICATION) IS WORSHIP.”
Sunnah.com reference: Book 16, Hadith 1
Arabic/English book reference: Book 16, Hadith 1465 (sunnah.com https://sunnah.com/riyadussalihin:1465; capital emphasis ours)
- The excellence of supplication
- Abu Hurayra reported that the Prophet said, “Nothing is dearer to Allah than supplication.”
- Abu Hurayra reported that the Prophet said, “The noblest ACT OF WORSHIP is supplication.”
- An-Nu’man ibn Bashir reported that the Prophet said, “Supplication IS WORSHIP.” Then he recited, “Call on Me and I will answer you.” (Aisha Bewley, Al-Adab al-Mufrad al-Bukhari, XXX. Supplication http://bewley.virtualave.net/adab4.html#supplicate; capital and underline emphasis ours)
- It was narrated from Nu‘man bin Bashir that the Messenger of Allah said: “Indeed the supplication IS THE WORSHIP.” Then he recited: “And your Lord said: Invoke Me, I will respond to you.”(SAHIH) (English Translation of Sunan Ibn Majah – Compiled by Imam Muhammad Bin Yazeed Ibn Majah Al-Qazwini, From Hadith No. 3657 to 4341, Ahadith edited and referenced by Hafiz Abu Tahir Zubair ‘Ali Za’i, translated by Nasiruddin al-Khattab (Canada), final review by Abu Khaliyl (USA) [Darussalam Publications and Distributors, First Edition: June 2007], Volume 5, 34. The Chapter On Supplication, Chapter 1. The Virtue of Supplication, p. 95 https://sunnah.com/ibnmajah/34/2; capital and underline emphasis ours)
 Ghafir 40:60. (Ibid.)
- An-Nu‘man bin Bashir narrated that the Prophet said: “The supplication, IS WORSHIP.” Then he recited: And Your Lord said: “Call upon me, I will respond to you. Verily, those who scorn My worship, they will surely enter Hell humiliated.” (SAHIH)
[Abu ‘Eisa said:] This Hadith is Hasan Sahih. Mansur and Al-‘A‘mash narrated it from Dharr, and we do not know it except from the narration of Dharr. [He is Dharr ‘Abdullah Al-Hamdani, trustworthy, the father of ‘Umar bin Dharr.]
Supplication IS WORSHIP IN ITSELF, and for proof the Prophet recited the Verse of Surat Ghafir, “Call upon Me, I will respond to you. Verily, those who scorn My worship, they will surely enter Hell humiliated.” This Verse shows that not begging His favors is a sign of scorn. As supplication IS THE ESSENCE OF WORSHIP, and without its essence, the supplication is nothing but lifeless utterances. (English Translation of Jami‘ At-Tirmidhi, Compiled by Imam Hafiz Abu ‘Eisa Mohammad Ibn ‘Eisa At-Tirmidhi, From Hadith no. 3291 to 3956, translated by Abu Khaliyl (USA), Ahadith edited & referenced by Hafiz Abu Tahir Zubair ‘Ali Za’i [Darussalam Publishers & Distributors, First Edition: November 2007], Volume 6, 45. The Book Of Supplications From The Messenger Of Allah, pp. 102-103 https://sunnah.com/tirmidhi/48/3; capital and underline emphasis ours)
These are just some of the many ahadith which have been used by Muslim scholars to prove that making du’a or supplication to anyone other than Allah is major sin, since it is the very essence of worship. As such, this is an action that can only be offered to the Muslim deity.
Therefore, since Mohammed Hijab admitted that his god does pray since he does perform salah, and since he claimed that salah is du’a or invocation/supplication, then he has basically conceded that his god does in fact worship just like Muslims do!
I’m going to breaks this down for Hijab and his cronies so that he and/or they don’t miss the actual point of the argument:
Salah or prayer is du’a, i.e. invocation and supplication.
Du’a is the very essence of Islamic worship.
The Quran and ahadith confirm that Allah performs and engages in salah.
Allah is, therefore, engaging in an act of worship much like the Muslims that also perform salah.
So the question that Mohammed Hijab and his cohorts must answer is, who does their god Allah worship, invoke, supplicate etc., whenever he prays or performs salah FOR Muhammad and the other so-called believers?
He it is who prays (yusallee) for you and His angels too, to bring you forth out of the darkness into the light, for He is merciful to the believers. S. 33:43 Palmer
Verily, God and His angels pray (yusalloona) for the prophet. O ye who believe! pray (salloo) for him and salute him with a salutation! S. 33:56 Palmer
And since I want to make sure that Hijab will actually answer the objection, instead of attacking straw man in order to tap dance around the question that David Wood posed to him, I’m going to therefore repeat the challenge in large font so he and the other dawagandists have no excuse for failing to respond correctly this time around:
SINCE SALAH MEANS DU’A, AND SINCE DU’A IS THE HEART OF MUSLIM WORSHIP, TO WHOM DOES ALLAH PRAY TO AND WORSHIP WHENEVER HE PERFORMS SALAH FOR MUHAMMAD AND THE REST OF THE MUSLIM BELIEVERS? https://answeringallah.com/mohammed-hijab-proves-muslims-are-muhammadans-who-worship-a-false-prophet/